Dr Todd Landman appears in numerous public and private fora around the world as a public speaker across a range of topics related to development, democracy, and human rights, as well as the systematic methods that underpin their analysis.
He also offers motivational lectures and workshops that combine his interests in human behaviour and his work as a professional entertainer. Lectures are suitable for after dinner occasions for corporate events and other social gatherings, while workshops are suitable for two to three hour sessions with medium to large groups.
Most notably, he has given speeches to
- NATO Defence College Foundation in Rome on ‘Human Rights in Afghanistan post 2014’.
- European External Action Service in Brussels on ‘Democracy and Human Rights.’
- Keynote Speech to the Nordic Foresty Science Conference on ‘Phronesis and Social Science Research Methods’ in Malmo.
- Keynote speech in Brussels at the representation of the State of North Rhine Westphalia on ‘The Arab Spring and EU Democracy Promotion.’
- Featured talk on ‘Rational Intuition’ at the Royal Society of Arts and again at Interesting Talks London.
- The Mongolian Parliament, the Great Hural for the United Nations Fifth International Conference of New and Restored Democracies (ICNRD-5) on assessing the state of Mongolian democracy.
- The United Nations Sixth International Conference on New and Restored Democracies (ICNRD-6) in Doha, Qatar on measuring and assesseing demcoracy.
- A meeting of European and Regional leaders for International IDEA’s ‘Friends of the Project’ conference on the European Union’s Role in Democracy Building
- The California Western Law School on ‘Imminence and Proportionality: The US and UK Response to Terrorism’
- The Association of Federal Prosecutors in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on social mobilization and human rights
- Centre for Public Policy and Institute for International Studies, University of Chile, Santiago.
- The Centro de Investigación y Docencia Económicas (CIDE) and the Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (ITESM) on ‘Human Rights and Public Security’ (for photos click HERE).
- Chatham House (The Royal Institute for International Affairs) on ‘Comparative Experiences of Truth Commissions’ for a workshop on Northern Ireland.
- The Quakers Meeting in Colchester on ‘Global Political Economy’
- Essex Chambers of Commerce on ‘Conflict Resolution in the Workplace’
Podcasts and Vodcasts
- Click HERE for series of podcasts on human rights research.
- Click HERE for his latest vodcast.
- Click HERE for an exciting video trailer on his work in youth education, and HERE for the longer version.
- Click HERE for his lecture at the Royal Society of Arts.
- Click HERE for his lecture at Cambridge University.
- CNN International News
- BBC ‘Big Questions’ with Nicky Campbell
- BBC Eggheads TV Show
- BBC Radio 4 Today Programme
- Radio Five Live
- BBC Essex Radio
- Special ‘guest on the couch’ on BBC Essex breakfast show with Ray Clark on 9 September 2010 7am to 9am.
- BBC Suffolk Radio
- BBC Three Counties Radio
- BBC Wales