Dr Todd Landman appears in numerous public and private fora around the world as a public speaker across a range of topics related to development, democracy, and human rights, as well as the systematic methods that underpin their analysis.
He also offers motivational lectures and workshops that combine his interests in human behaviour and his work as a professional entertainer. Lectures are suitable for after dinner occasions for corporate events and other social gatherings, while workshops are suitable for two to three hour sessions with medium to large groups.
Most notably, he has given speeches to
- Keynote speech in Brussels at the representation of the State of North Rhine Westfalia on ‘The Arab Spring and EU Democracy Promotion.’
- Featured talk on ‘Rational Intuition’ at the Royal Society of Arts and again at Interesting Talks London.
- The Mongolian Parliament, the Great Hural for the United Nations Fifth International Conference of New and Restored Democracies (ICNRD-5) on assessing the state of Mongolian democracy.
- The United Nations Sixth International Conference on New and Restored Democracies (ICNRD-6) in Doha, Qatar on measuring and assesseing demcoracy.
- A meeting of European and Regional leaders for International IDEA’s ‘Friends of the Project’ confernece on the European Union’s Role in Democracy Building
- The California Western Law School on ‘Imminence and Proportionality: The US and UK Response to Terrorism’
- The Association of Federal Prosecutors in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on social mobilization and human rights
- Centre for Public Policy and Institute for International Studies, University of Chile, Santiago.
- The Centro de Investigación y Docencia Económicas (CIDE) and the Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (ITESM) on ‘Human Rights and Public Security’ (for photos click HERE).
- Chatham House (The Royal Institute for International Affairs) on ‘Comparative Experiences of Truth Commissions’ for a workshop on Northern Ireland.
- The Quakers Meeting in Colchester on ‘Global Political Economy’
- Essex Chambers of Commerce on ‘Conflict Resolution in the Workplace’
Podcasts and Vodcasts
- Click HERE for his latest vodcast.
- Click HERE for an exciting video trailer on his work in youth education, and HERE for the longer version.
- Click HERE for his lecture at the Royal Society of Arts.
- Click HERE for his lecture at Cambridge University.
- CNN International News
- BBC ‘Big Questions’ with Nicky Campbell
- BBC Eggheads TV Show
- BBC Radio 4 Today Programme
- Radio Five Live
- BBC Essex Radio
- Special ‘guest on the couch’ on BBC Essex breakfast show with Ray Clark on 9 September 2010 7am to 9am.
- BBC Suffolk Radio
- BBC Three Counties Radio
- BBC Wales
Recent and next major speaking engagements
- University of Connecticut Human Rights Centre, September 2013
- Institute of Education, University of London, 7 March 2013
- University of Nottingham Human Rights and Law Centre, 9 March 2013
- Faculty of Social Sciences (FLACSO), Mexico City, 8-9 January 2013
- Cambridge University 17 October 2012.
- Interesting Talks London 15 October 2012.
- Brussels Keynote 27 September 2012.
- Royal Society of Arts January 2012.
- Taylor and Francis Global Sales Conference, 24 January 2011, London.
- School of Public Policy, University College London, 27 January 2011.
- German Development Institute, Bonn, Germany 2-3 February 2011.
- Centre of International Studies, Cambridge University, 9 February 2011.
- Hazeley School Milton Keynes, 18 March 2011
- London School of Economics, 22 March 2011
- Berkshire Association of Secondary Headteachers, Poole 31 March 2011
- Technical Tech Collective, Berlin, Germany 5-6 April 2011
- University of Essex Southend, 13 April 2011
- ‘Convivium’ – University of Essex-Southend, 5 May 2011
- Fundamental Rights Agency, European Union, Vienna 12-13 May 2011
- ‘Human Rights in EU Aid Policy,’ Globernance, Spain 8 June 2011
- ‘Development and Human Rights,’ Deutsche Welle Global Media Forum, Bonn, Germany 21 June 2011.
- Royal Society of Arts (RSA), London, 1 December 2011